PSI-Europe is a non-governmental organisation, established in Amsterdam, the Netherlands in 2008. Being a PSI affiliate, we are PSI’s primary point of contact with European stakeholders and networks.
Working in partnership with the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI’s principal working areas are Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights including HIV, malaria prevention as well as maternal and child health.
What PSI-Europe Does
PSI-Europe puts emphasis on collaborating with a variety of stakeholders from academia, NGO’s, governments and International Organizations, and the private sector. Particular emphasis regarding collaboration is put on social marketing. Working together is of mutual benefits as currently only a few European organizations have experience in social marketing. Yet, the research conducted by PSI over the last years shows that social marketing leads to improved health behaviours in different areas and in diverse cultural environments.
PSI-Europe has a dedicated and effective staff. We promote partnerships between PSI’s global network of social marketing organizations and European stakeholders.
PSI-Europe’s principal activities are:
- Working with affiliate organisations and their partners in the strategic identification and design of social marketing projects. These projects address the health needs of lower and middle-income people in less developed countries.
- Representing the PSI global network to and sharing the results of PSI’s activities with European stakeholders .
- Providing in-country technical assistance and capacity building in the areas of financial and programme management functions to PSI affiliates.
PSI-Europe currently oversees the SALIN programme, which has developed innovative solutions to the delivery of reproductive health services in 12 low-income countries. SALIN is funded by the Dutch government, one of PSI’s strategic partners in Europe. Examples of activities done under SALIN are:
- Zimbabwe: Education of high risk target groups on HIV/AIDS prevention through an innovative TV soap opera series. Integration of Family Planning through capacity building of existing HIV program staff in Family Planning, counselling and referral. Please click here to read a case study on the integration of family planning and HIV services in Zimbabwe.
- Togo: Peer education and medical staff education programs for men who have sex with men (MSM). PSI aims to reach a larger number to dissimanate inforamation on sexual health and promote the use of condoms and lubricants. Please click here to read a case study on improving HIV prevention messages and services among men who have sex with men in Togo.
- Mali: Development of TV and radio spots addressing barriers to increased Family Planning use. PSI Mali links its family planning services to child vacination days and provides and integrated solution to maternal and child healh at the community level. Please click here to read a case study on reaching women in need of family planning at clinic event days in Mali.
Michael Chommie, Chief Executive
Carrie Gheen, New Business Development Manager
For more information, please email:
Phone: +31 205206839
Keizersgracht 62 -64
1015 CS Amsterdam
Related content by category